A good night’s sleep means you wake up refreshed, energised and ready to face the day. And because we sleep for around eight hours every night, we spend around one-third of our lives in bed; so it’s important to choose the right bed. A Sealy Posturepedic bed provides you with the perfect balance of support and comfort for the ultimate night’s sleep.
10 TIPS FOR A BETTER SLEEP
- Go to bed and get up at consistent times every day, including weekends
- Get regular exercise, but not too close to bedtime
- Drink less, or preferably no caffeine, especially in afternoons and avoid alcohol before going to bed
- Sleep on a supportive bed – use our Sealy bed selector to help you find the right bed
- Don’t smoke
- Avoid heavy meals close to bedtime
- Develop a night-time ritual – try a warm bath before bed or listen to some quiet music
- Ensure your bedroom is comfortable, dark and quiet
- Your bed is made for sleeping – try to avoid doing everything else in bed (like working, eating, etc)
- If you can’t get to sleep after 30 minutes, get out of bed and have some warm milk or chamomile tea, then try again
SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT
Some people change their car or electrical appliances more often than they change their mattress or pillows. It is important to remember your bed plays an important role in your health and well-being. One key thing to think about is comfort. If you’re uncomfortable in bed, it can be harder to get to sleep and you will toss and turn more. Ask yourself, does your mattress provide enough support? Do you wake with an aching back? Is there room for you and your sleep partner? How well do you sleep when you’re away from home?
WHAT DOES YOUR BED MEAN TO YOU?
RECLAIMING YOUR BED FOR SLEEP
- Use your bed only for sleep
- Choose a mattress that is comfortable and supports your body
- Get into bed only when you’re tired
- If you don’t fall asleep within 15 to 30 minutes, get out of bed; when you are sleepy, go back to bed
- When you are in bed try to think relaxing thoughts – picture yourself relaxed, drifting off to sleep, every muscle relaxed